SungkyunKwan University Institute of Foreign Trade
/ Global Insurance and Pension Research Center(GIPRC)
Purpose of Establishment
Qualitative enhancement of the Korean insurance market, in terms of as follows:
1) professionalism; 2) transparency; 3) reliability.
The research center aims in 1) analyzing transitional aspects and factors of the international economy, and
2) conducting research to provide economic analysis and policy alternatives for South Korea’s international economic circumstances.
- Fostering insurance professionals with pride (professional curriculum – SWIP)
- Creating trustworthy Insurance Service Culture (Insurance Quality Evaluation - KISSC)
- Expansion of basic research on insurance (i.e. Humanities & Social Sciences)
November 3 - Nov.4 / Held '2017 Global Forum for Financial Consumers'
May 19, 2017 / Held '1st International Development Cooperation in Finance'
November 4 - Nov. 5 , 2016 / Held '2016 Global Forum for Financial Consumers'
October 31 – Nov. 1, 2015 / Held ‘2015 Global Forum for Financial Consumers’
December 14-15, 2014 / Held ‘2014 International Sustainability Conference’
November 1, 2013 / Held ‘The 8th ICBMR’
* ICBMR: International Conference on Business and Management Research’
July 1, 2012 / Held ‘2012 APRIA’
* APRIA: Asia Pacific Risk and Insurance Association
March 1, 2011 / Established ‘International Trade & Logistics Research Center’
March 1, 2010 / Established ‘India-Inni Research Center’
H2 of 2006 / 'Korea-China-Japan Trilateral Seminar', regarding service evaluation
August 2006 / SWIP+ Educational Program
* Exchange Program for Insurance Business Executives; training/field trip/socializing
* In partnership with ‘Insurance Research Center of Waseda University’, Japan
July 2006 / Reliability Evaluation of the Insurance Business, 2006
* In partnership with The Korean Economic Association
H2 of 2006 / The 13th SWIP recruitment
* SWIP; Sungkyun World Insurance Program
H1 of 2006 / Service Evaluation of Insurance Corporations
* Classified into 1) Life Insurance and 2) Automobile Insurance
* In partnership with a consumer group
March 1, 2003 / Established ‘Insurance and Pension Research Center’
September 1, 1996 / Foundation of SWIP; Sungkyun World Insurance Program
August 1, 1985 / Establishment of the Research Center